The most important guide to follow when having filters replaced on your vehicle is to make sure they meet or exceed the original equipment standards. If you get them anywhere but the dealership, you might not get as high a quality filter, which means your vehicle could be running with more impurities.
When you come in for filter service at the dealership, ask for Motorcraft® filters, which are engineered and designed specifically for Ford vehicles. They meet original equipment standards, which means you get the same level of quality as you did when you first bought your vehicle.
A vehicle with clean filters runs more efficiently than one with dirty filters because there are fewer impurities to bog down your engine. And fewer impurities means the engine doesn't have to work as hard - and this all adds up to better driving day-to-day, and an engine that runs longer.
Clean Air Filters:
- Trap dirt particles that can damage your engine
- Optimize the mix of fuel and air in your engine, which equals better fuel economy
- Improve horsepower and engine performance
Clean Cabin Air Filters:
- Clean the air you breathe from dust, pollen and other airborne particles
- Optimize your heating and cooling system
Clean Fuel Filters:
- Optimize your fuel flow
- Protect your fuel injection components from impurities
Every maintenance schedule contains a complete set of filter services designed to help keep clean filters in your vehicle. It's a convenient way to make sure everything in your vehicle is taken care of properly.
Signs You May Need A New Fuel Filter
Your fuel filter might need replacement if you:
- Feel your car jerk at high rpms
- Experience an engine that doesn't start (Check your battery and ignition system first)
Signs You May Need A New Cabin Air Filter
A dirty cabin air filter won't necessarily affect the way your vehicle drives, but it does affect the air you breathe through your ventilation, heating and air conditioning system. It helps to reduce pollen, dust, mold and other airborne particles, which is good for allergies. If your vehicle is equipped with a cabin air filter, please refer to your vehicle maintenance schedule for the cabin